"You are wrong, if you think that I am the mightiest," said the Cloud. "It's true that I can cover the earth, but I'm quite weak when the Wind blows upon me. He drives me along and tears me to pieces, and I can do nothing against him."
So Mr. and Mrs. Rat went to the Wind.
But the Wind said:
"Yes, I am mightier than the Cloud. But I am not the mightiest in the world; for the Wall is sometimes in my way, and I blow and blow, but the Wall is still there and I cannot pass through it."
Again Mr. and Mrs. Rat went on, until they came to the Wall. But the Wall said:
"You are right, I can indeed hold back the Wind, I am mightier than he. But there's the Rat, who makes holes in me and I can do nothing agains him. The best thing for you todo es to choose the Rat for your son-in-low!"
Then Mr. and Mrs. Rat were happy, for they saw that the Wall spoke words of wisdom. They went home again, and their beautiful daughter married a handsome RatK and they lived happily for many, many years.
Who knows? Perhaps they are still alive.
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS
- Did the rats have only one child?
- What do you know about their youngest daughter?
- What did her parents say about her?
- Did they think that and ordinary husband was good enough for her?
- Whom did they asd, who was the mightiest?
- To whom did they go first?
- Did the sun become their son-in-law?
- Why not?
- Can the light of the sun pass through all cluds?
- Can you see any cluds now?
- What does the wind do to the clouds?
- What does the clouds make very beautiful?
- What can the wind not pass through?
- What do Mr. and Mrs. Rat make happy?
- Whom did their daughter marry?
- Are they still alive?